Top 20 Quotes & Lyrics about NEW YORK CITY
- “There is something in the New York air that makes sleep useless” – Simone de Beauvoir
- New York is not a city, it’s a world.
- “When you leave New York You ain’t going anywhere.” – Jimmy Breslin
- A bad day in New York is still better than a good day anywhere else.
- “New York had all the iridescence of the beginning of the world.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “New York is a city where people are ambitious. They want things.” – Candace Bushnell
- “When I first moved to New York, I bought a Vogue instead of dinner. I just felt it fed me more.” – Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City
- “The New York Times, The New York Times, (extra, extra, read all about it), they say you can win anywhere, if you can win here, and you ain’t been no where if you ain’t been here, ball so hard you aint really in the game man, same place, different face, on the train, man, New York, New York” – 50 Cent & J. Cole
- “Make your mark in New York and you are a made man.” – Mark Twain
- “It is often said that New York is a city for only the very rich and the very poor. It is less often said that New York is also, at least for those of us who came there from somewhere else, a city for only the very young.” Joan Didion
- “Give me such shows — give me the streets of Manhattan!” – Walt Whitman
- The glamour of it all! New York! America!” – Charlie Chaplin
- “There’s something so romantic about being broke in New York. You gotta do it. You have to live there once without any money, and then you have to live there when you have money. Let me tell you, of the two, the latter is far better.” Amy Poehler
- “The true New Yorker secretly believes that people living anywhere else have to be, in some sense, kidding.” – John Updike
- “New York is a diamond iceberg floating in river water.”
– Truman Capote
- “If you’re greedy for life, that’s what New York City is all about. If you’re trying to get as much as you can everyday, this city is the place to be.” – Pam Nelson
- The city that never sleeps.
- “Concrete jungle where dreams are made of, there’s nothing you can’t do, now you’re in New York – These streets will make you feel brand new, big lights will inspire you, hear it from New York, New York, New York!” – Alicia Keys
- “Skyscraper National Park.” – Kurt Vonnegut
- “You haven’t lived until you died in New York.” – Alexander Woollcott
What quotes about New York did I miss? Want to fall in love with the city even more? Check out these photographers: